NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO OR WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. CONTEST PERIOD/ENTRY DEADLINE: The History at Sturgis Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 8:30:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 5, 2012 and ends at 1:59:59 a.m. ET on November 6, 2012 (the “Contest Period”).
2. CONTEST OVERVIEW: Entrants can enter the Contest by following the entry process specified in Paragraph 4 below. At the conclusion of the Contest Period, Sponsor will determine, at its sole discretion, which Entries (as defined below) received were the most original and creative during the Contest Period (the “Judging Period”). The five (5) Entries with the most points will be the Grand Prize Winners.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Contest you must be (i) a legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia; and (ii) eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). Contest is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest and any web pages and advertisements relating thereof are intended for viewing only within the United States. Employees of A&E Television Networks, LLC (the “Sponsor”) and any other sponsor and all of their respective affiliated entities, parent, and subsidiary companies, and the advertising, production and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and members of their immediate families (parents, step parents, children, step children, siblings, step siblings, spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of their households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate in this Contest. Eligibility will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, you must (a) follow
“HISTORY” (@history) on Twitter; (b) post a tweet about the Sturgis
Rally; and (c) include the hash tag #HistoryAtSturgis during the Contest Period
(each, an “Entry;” collectively, the “Entries”).
Entrants can multiple times during the Contest Period. Each Entry must be different
and contain a unique Tweet. No duplicate Tweets or near duplicate Tweets are
allowed; such Tweets will be deemed void. Any entrant found using multiple Twitter
accounts to enter, re-tweet or participate within this Contest, at Sponsor’s
sole discretion, will be deemed ineligible to participate in the Contest and
all posted entries will be disqualified. All properly completed Entries will
automatically be entered into the Contest. Only Entries submitted during the
Contest Period as described herein will be eligible. The Sponsor's database
clock will be the official timekeeper for the Contest. Incomplete, corrupted,
false, late, illegible, forged or altered registration forms will be disqualified.
In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the relevant
Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized Twitter account holder of the
applicable Twitter account and/or email address used to enter. Twitter.com is
not affiliated with this Contest in any way and is not responsible for the administration
of the Contest or the awarding of prizes.
5. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRIES:
A. Each Entrant warrants and represents that Sponsor’s use of the materials submitted in this Contest will not violate the rights of any third parties.
B. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s positive image, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any materials containing obscenity, crude language, smoking, alcohol/drug use, or descriptions of a violent or sexual nature or that are otherwise inappropriate or not in keeping with Sponsor’s image (as determined solely by the Sponsor) will not be accepted and the associated Entry will be disqualified.
C. Entries must not have been previously submitted, distributed, published and/or aired (if applicable) in whole or in part, or have won any award in a competition, and must be the original work of only the Entrant.
D. If an Entry is incomplete or does not comply with the specifications and rules described herein, then the submission may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not verify or acknowledge receipt of Entries. Entrant should retain a copy of all materials submitted for the Contest.
E. All Entries that are in compliance with these Official Rules and have fulfilled the conditions set out in these Official Rules will be considered.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS: JUDGING: During the Judging Period, all the eligible Entries will be judged by the Sponsor (the “Judge”) to determine which Entries were the most original and creative. All Entries meeting the above noted criteria will be judged by the Judge on the following criteria and weight: (i) originality (50%) and (ii) creativity (50%). The five (5) Entries with the highest score will be considered the Winners, subject to qualification. The final determination of the Winners and the application of the judging criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judge. In the event of a tie or dispute or for any other reason that Sponsor deems necessary during any round of the Contest, determination of the Winner shall be made by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor disclaims any liability from, and Entrants, whether or not a Winner, agree to waive, any claims against Sponsor relating to the judging or awarding process. Entrants are only allowed to win one (1) Grand Prize (as defined below) during the Contest Period.
7. NOTIFICATION: Sponsor will notify each Winner within two (2) days from the completion of the Contest Period. Sponsor will contact the Potential Winner via Direct Message on Twitter and the Potential Winner will have two (2) days to respond. If a Potential Winner cannot be reached, does not respond within such time period or chooses not to accept the prize, such Potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternative Winner may be selected from among the remaining Eligible Entries received, if time permits, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternative Winner in the event that any Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules. If Sponsor is unable to award a Prize after three attempts, the Prize(s) will not be awarded.
8. PRIZES: Five (5) Grand Prize Winners will each receive an autographed Pawn Stars photograph (total approximate retail value “ARV” is $25.00). The total ARV of all of the Grand Prizes is 125.00.
9. RELEASES/TAXES: Before a Potential Winner will be deemed an Official Winner, he/she will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility (“Affidavit/Release”) and any other legal documents that Sponsor may require (including W-9 form). The Affidavit/Release and other documents must be returned by the date as detailed in Paragraph 7. If such documents are not returned within that time, or if a Potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if a Potential Winner or Grand Prize Winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then such Potential Winner or Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified. If notification is returned as undeliverable, such Potential Winner will be subject to disqualification. In the event the Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason under the provisions of these Official Rules, then the Potential Winner with the next highest number will be up for consideration as a Winner.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest and to hold a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to such action, if any computer virus, bug, tampering, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention or any other cause outside of Released Parties’ control corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any such modification, cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice of such action will be posted on the Sponsor’s site, if functioning.
11. LIMITIATION OF LIABILITY AND GOVERNING LAW: Released Parties are not responsible for any claims, damages, expenses, costs or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting from, arising from, or in connection with, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (a) any typographical or other error in the printing of the Official Rules, offering or announcement of any prize; (b) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due or misdirected Entries, e-mails or other communications; (c) errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices or transmission lines; (d) data corruption, theft, destruction, loss, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials; (e) electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages; or (f) any problems or technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entries to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, unavailable network connections on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in the Contest or downloading any materials associated with the Contest. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means, including, but not limited to, online, Twitter or text message Entries, will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and all of their Contest Entries) from the Contest and/or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliated companies, if entrant is in violation of these Official Rules, tampers with the entry process, acts in an unsportsmanlike manner or where an act of fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest, in any way. Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in any promotional materials.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE CONTEST, THE GRAND PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS
PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS CONTEST ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY
OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL
OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE
ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS
FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET
COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE CONTEST. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS
OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL
OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER
BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
The Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with the Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction located in New York County, New York.
12. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM THOSE MAKING SUCH ATTEMPTS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. NAMES OF WINNER(S)/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a list of names of Grand Prize Winner(s) or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “History at Sturgis Giveaway Contest Winner(s) Names Request,” A&E Television Networks, LLC, 235 East 45th Street, New York, NY 10017, Attn: Digital Media Department. All requests must be received before January 5, 2013. Names of Grand Prize Winner(s) will be sent after selection and verification of winner(s). Vermont residents may omit return postage on rules requests.
14. SPONSOR: A&E Television Networks, LLC, 235 East 45th
Street, New York, NY 10017.