- Why is Christmas celebrated on December 25?
- What happened to the “Lost Colony” of Roanoke?
- What is the smallest country in the world?
- Who was the youngest first lady of the United States?
- What’s so unlucky about the number 13?
- Was King Arthur a real person?
- What is the largest country in the world?
- Who invented football?
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Pearl Harbor bombed, 1941
At 7:55 a.m. Hawaii time, a Japanese dive bomber bearing the red symbol of the Rising Sun of Japan on its wings appears out of the clouds above the island of Oa…