- Who was the first woman to run for president?
- Was Sherlock Holmes based on a real person?
- Where did the Rx symbol come from?
- Did George Washington have wooden teeth?
- Who was the youngest first lady of the United States?
- How did Washington, D.C., get its name?
- What is the longest river in the world?
- Who invented the internet?
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
A massive wagon train, made up of 1,000 settlers and 1,000 head of cattle, sets off down the Oregon Trail from Independence, Missouri. Known as the “Great Emigr…