- CT Scan Reveals Mummified Monk Inside Ancient Buddha Statue
- The Battle of Iwo Jima Begins, 70 Years Ago
- First Viking Temple in 1,000 Years Coming to Iceland
- The Lincoln Memorial’s Bizarre Rejected Designs
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- The Miracle on Ice, 35 Years Ago
- 10 Top Draws of San Francisco’s 1915 World’s Fair
- Ancient Mortuary That Boiled, Defleshed Corpses Unearthed
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
Author: History.com Staff
Ever since it first took place in Uruguay in 1930, the World Cup has provided a steady stream of memorable moments and astonishing feats.
The concept of green living may be new, but humans have been reducing, reusing and recycling throughout history.