- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- New Richard III Mystery Comes to Light
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 from London to New York explodes in midair over Lockerbie, Scotland, killing all 243 passengers and 16 crew members aboar…
Author: Elizabeth Hanes
On the 65th anniversary of the creation of the Doomsday Clock, discover seven moments when the clock’s minute hand conveyed potential global destruction—or world peace.
While the Battle of Midway raged, Allied fighters in the Aleutian Islands quietly captured a Japanese fighter plane that helped them win World War II.
Find out about the nuclear weapon that detonated in Albuquerque 55 years ago, as well as eight other “broken arrow” incidents over the decades.
After the Bataan Peninsula fell in April 1942, a group of Army and Navy nurses continued to perform their duties while imprisoned in a Japanese camp.