- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- Scientists Reconstruct Dinosaur Chase in 3-D
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- Medieval “Black Death” Was Airborne, Scientists Say
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Terra Cotta Army
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 10 Surprising Civil War Facts
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
In Basel, Switzerland, Albert Hoffman, a Swiss chemist working at the Sandoz pharmaceutical research laboratory, accidentally consumes LSD-25, a synthetic drug …
Author: Elizabeth Hanes
On the 65th anniversary of the creation of the Doomsday Clock, discover seven moments when the clock’s minute hand conveyed potential global destruction—or world peace.
While the Battle of Midway raged, Allied fighters in the Aleutian Islands quietly captured a Japanese fighter plane that helped them win World War II.
Find out about the nuclear weapon that detonated in Albuquerque 55 years ago, as well as eight other “broken arrow” incidents over the decades.
After the Bataan Peninsula fell in April 1942, a group of Army and Navy nurses continued to perform their duties while imprisoned in a Japanese camp.