- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
- The Cardiff Giant Fools the Nation, 145 Years Ago
- Archaeologists Unearth Giant Sphinx—in California
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Herbert Hoover
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The Charge of the Light Brigade, 160 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1517, the priest and scholar Martin Luther approaches the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany, and nails a piece of paper to it cont…
On the 80th anniversary of the 21st Amendment’s ratification, look back at America’s surprising reaction to the end of Prohibition.
The Federal Reserve has announced that a new version of the $100 bill will enter circulation this fall.
During Prohibition, which took effect 93 years ago this week, many doctors boosted their practices by doling out medicinal alcohol.