- Discovery of Oldest Human Fossil Fills Evolutionary Gap
- WWII’s Largest Battleship Revealed After 70 Years Underwater
- 10 Things You Should Know About the Appalachian Trail
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Michelangelo
- Islamic Ring Found in 9th-Century Viking Grave
- The Warship of Peace That Fed Famine-Stricken Ireland
- When Did the “Age of Man” Begin?
- How World War I Led to the Apple Watch
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
In a ceremony at the White House, Egyptian President Anwar el-Sadat and Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin sign a historic peace agreement, ending three deca…
On the 80th anniversary of the 21st Amendment’s ratification, look back at America’s surprising reaction to the end of Prohibition.
The Federal Reserve has announced that a new version of the $100 bill will enter circulation this fall.
During Prohibition, which took effect 93 years ago this week, many doctors boosted their practices by doling out medicinal alcohol.