- WWII’s Largest Battleship Revealed After 70 Years Underwater
- Discovery of Oldest Human Fossil Fills Evolutionary Gap
- Islamic Ring Found in 9th-Century Viking Grave
- The Warship of Peace That Fed Famine-Stricken Ireland
- History’s Biggest Art Heist Remains Unsolved, 25 Years Later
- 10 Things You Should Know About the Appalachian Trail
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Michelangelo
- After 400 Years, Investigators Find Remains of Cervantes, Don Quixote’s Creator
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Two months after the signing of the Vietnam peace agreement, the last U.S. combat troops leave South Vietnam as Hanoi frees the remaining American prisoners of …
As we mark the 50th anniversary of The Beatles’ first visit to the United States, take a look back at how the Fab Four conquered American pop culture.
As we remember this music legend, check out some surprising facts about this iconic event.
Check out images from the Century 21 Exposition in Seattle, which opened 50 years ago today.