- Iron Age Graves in Britain Yield Hybrid Animals and Human Sacrifice
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Ulysses S. Grant
- Chicago’s Deadliest Day, 100 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
- The Original Wild West Showdown, 150 Years Ago
- Peru Plans First Contact with Isolated Amazonian Tribe
- Disneyland’s Disastrous Opening Day, 60 Years Ago
- The Day Dylan Went Electric
This Day in History
On August 3, 1958, the U.S. nuclear submarine Nautilus accomplishes the first undersea voyage to the geographic North Pole. The world’s first nuclear submarine,…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
As we mark the 50th anniversary of The Beatles’ first visit to the United States, take a look back at how the Fab Four conquered American pop culture.
As we remember this music legend, check out some surprising facts about this iconic event.
Check out images from the Century 21 Exposition in Seattle, which opened 50 years ago today.