- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- New Richard III Mystery Comes to Light
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Ability to Digest Alcohol Played Key Role in Human Evolution
- One of Shakespeare’s Rare First Folios Discovered in French Library
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
First airplane flies, 1903
Near Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, Orville and Wilbur Wright make the first successful flight in history of a self-propelled, heavier-than-air aircraft. Orville p…
Category: Abraham Lincoln
Bidders can take home a rare piece of history on Tuesday when a copy of the Emancipation Proclamation signed by Abraham Lincoln goes up for auction.
As Canada eliminates its pennies from circulation, explore surprising facts about the one-cent coin.
Just in time for the 203rd anniversary of Abraham Lincoln’s birthday on February 12, news broke of a hoax involving a well-known portrait of his wife, Mary Todd Lincoln.
Who was Mary Surratt, an alleged collaborator in the plot to kill Abraham Lincoln and the inspiration behind the new movie “The Conspirator”?
Researchers have uncovered an unlikely connection between a young Abraham Lincoln and the ill-fated Donner Party.