- WWII’s Largest Battleship Revealed After 70 Years Underwater
- Discovery of Oldest Human Fossil Fills Evolutionary Gap
- Islamic Ring Found in 9th-Century Viking Grave
- The Warship of Peace That Fed Famine-Stricken Ireland
- History’s Biggest Art Heist Remains Unsolved, 25 Years Later
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Michelangelo
- 10 Things You Should Know About the Appalachian Trail
- After 400 Years, Investigators Find Remains of Cervantes, Don Quixote’s Creator
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Two months after the signing of the Vietnam peace agreement, the last U.S. combat troops leave South Vietnam as Hanoi frees the remaining American prisoners of …
Category: Adolf Hitler
On the 75th anniversary of Germany’s invasion of Poland, look back at the Nazi offensive that launched World War II.
On the 75th anniversary of the German-Soviet nonaggression pact, look back at the secret agreement that set the stage for World War II.
German authorities report that 1,400 artworks thought looted by the Nazis have been discovered in a squalid Munich apartment.
On September 30, 1938, British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain received a rowdy homecoming after signing a peace pact with Nazi Germany.
Thirty years after the Hitler Diaries were exposed as a fraud, here’s a look back at some of history’s other famous fictions.
Explore nine surprising about fascist dictator Benito Mussolini on the 90th anniversary of his rise to power.
As people around the globe celebrate World Handshake Day, explore eight of history’s most famous handshakes.
As a financial crisis destabilizes the European Union, explore past attempts to unify the continent.
Adolf Hitler may have had Jewish and African ancestors, according to a recent DNA study by Belgian researchers.