- 8 Things You May Not Know About Memorial Day
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- Remembering New England’s “Dark Day”
- Arlington National Cemetery: 8 Surprising Facts
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On May 27, 1941, the British navy sinks the German battleship Bismarck in the North Atlantic near France. The German death toll was more than 2,000. On February…
After a decade-long effort, an international team of scientists has cracked the genetic code of the tsetse fly, the bloodsucking insect that spreads African sleeping sickness.
Islamist rebels fleeing the arrival of French troops in Timbuktu set fire to a priceless cache of historic manuscripts, some dating as far back as the 12th century.
The recent crisis in Libya is only the latest development in a long and tumultuous history of relations between the North African nation and the West.