- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Terra Cotta Army
- The Dark Side of the Grimm Fairy Tales
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On April 19, 1897, John J. McDermott of New York won the first Boston Marathon with a time of 2:55:10. The Boston Marathon was the brainchild of Boston Athletic…
Islamist rebels fleeing the arrival of French troops in Timbuktu set fire to a priceless cache of historic manuscripts, some dating as far back as the 12th century.
The recent crisis in Libya is only the latest development in a long and tumultuous history of relations between the North African nation and the West.