- Lost World War II Bomber Crew Found After 69 Years
- Chemist Solves Lincoln Funeral Train Mystery
- Hanging Gardens Existed, but not in Babylon
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Why the Founder of Mother's Day Turned Against It
- Has Jimmy Hoffa Finally Been Found?
- One World Trade Center Reaches Historic Heights
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Meet Rollo, a natural-born fighter forced to live in his brother's shadow.
More than 2.5 million rivets hold together this Paris landmark.
Check out some of Troy's most memorable moments from the swamp.
Explore 10 things you may not know about the annual basketball tournament.
This Day in History
Star Wars opens, 1977
On this day in 1977, Memorial Day weekend opens with an intergalactic bang as the first of George Lucas' blockbuster Star Wars movies hits American theater…
Category: American Civil War
Who was Mary Surratt, an alleged collaborator in the plot to kill Abraham Lincoln and the inspiration behind the new movie “The Conspirator”?
The National Park Service has acquired a former golf course where a series of bloody clashes took place on the first day of the Battle of Gettysburg.
In what archaeologists are calling the most important Civil War find in decades, rare artifacts have emerged from a former Confederate prison site in Georgia.