- 10 Things You May Not Know About John D. Rockefeller
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- The Real-Life Story Behind "Lone Survivor"
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 5 Facts About Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 2003, U.S. Army Private Jessica Lynch, a prisoner-of-war who was rescued from an Iraqi hospital, receives a hero's welcome when she returns …
Category: American West
Look back at the day 125 years ago when 50,000 “boomers” and “sooners” made a mad dash to stake their claims in the Oklahoma Land Rush.
Celebrate Texas Independence Day with a look at some of the state’s quirks.
A gun owned by train and bank robber Robert LeRoy Parker, better known as Butch Cassidy, has fetched $175,000 at auction.
A rare Frank and Jesse James reward poster could fetch $25,000 when it goes under the gavel on Saturday, making it a most-wanted wanted poster.
The shotgun Annie Oakley may have used while performing for Queen Victoria has fetched $143,400.
As historians claim that Butch Cassidy lived to a ripe old age, find out about other historical figures rumored to have survived long after their supposed deaths.
Al Capone’s gun will go up for auction next month, but a revolver that belonged the lesser-known gangster Cole Younger may fetch more money.
Researchers have uncovered an unlikely connection between a young Abraham Lincoln and the ill-fated Donner Party.