- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Researchers Use Medieval Remedy to Kill Modern Superbug
- Vast Underground City Found in Turkey May Be One of the World’s Largest
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Ottoman “War Camel” Skeleton Found in Austrian Basement
- What Lincoln Said in His Final Speech
- Bodies of Japanese WWII Soldiers Found in Island Caves
- Forty-Five Years Ago, Apollo 13 Launches
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
At 5:13 a.m., an earthquake estimated at close to 8.0 on the Richter scale strikes San Francisco, California, killing hundreds of people as it topples numerous …
Category: American West
An historian fed up with doubts about Billy the Kid’s demise has petitioned a New Mexico court to create a death certificate for the famous outlaw.
Look back at the day 125 years ago when 50,000 “boomers” and “sooners” made a mad dash to stake their claims in the Oklahoma Land Rush.
Celebrate Texas Independence Day with a look at some of the state’s quirks.
A gun owned by train and bank robber Robert LeRoy Parker, better known as Butch Cassidy, has fetched $175,000 at auction.
A rare Frank and Jesse James reward poster could fetch $25,000 when it goes under the gavel on Saturday, making it a most-wanted wanted poster.
The shotgun Annie Oakley may have used while performing for Queen Victoria has fetched $143,400.
As historians claim that Butch Cassidy lived to a ripe old age, find out about other historical figures rumored to have survived long after their supposed deaths.
Al Capone’s gun will go up for auction next month, but a revolver that belonged the lesser-known gangster Cole Younger may fetch more money.
Researchers have uncovered an unlikely connection between a young Abraham Lincoln and the ill-fated Donner Party.