- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- Scientists Spot an Earth-Size Planet 500 Light-Years Away
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Charlie Chaplin
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- Forum Excavations Reveal Rome’s Advanced Age
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Easter Rebellion begins, 1916
On this day in 1916, on Easter Monday in Dublin, the Irish Republican Brotherhood, a secret organization of Irish nationalists led by Patrick Pearse, launches t…
Category: Ancient Egypt
A new hypothesis that King Tut was killed by a hippopotamus is the latest attempt to solve one of ancient history’s most perplexing riddles.
Researchers have used plant materials to establish a more accurate chronology of Egypt’s pharaohs.