- The Other Victims of the JFK Assassination
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Pilgrims
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Beyond Dallas: The Assassination’s Key Players After Nov. 22, 1963
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1991, Islamic militants in Lebanon release kidnapped American journalist Terry Anderson after 2,454 days in captivity. As chief Middle East corre…
Category: Ancient Greece
Greek archaeologists report that budget cuts have placed the country’s cultural heritage at risk.
As news breaks that Venice is (still) sinking, explore other cities that have slipped beneath the waves.
Artisans in the Greek colony of Selinunte lived and worked in a special quarter on the city’s outskirts, researchers announced this week.
This week, as the world watches a true astronomical rarity–the first full lunar eclipse to coincide with a winter solstice since 1554–we take a look at legendary eclipses with undeniable historical significance.