- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Louis Zamperini
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On December 26, 1946, in Las Vegas, Nevada, mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel opens The Pink Flamingo Hotel & Casino at a total cost of $6 million. …
Category: Andrew Jackson
Thanks in part to its adoption in the 1840 presidential campaign, what began as a lame joke in a Boston newspaper morphed into one of the most ubiquitous expressions in the English language
As St. Patrick’s Day approaches, explore 10 surprising facts about the first Irish-American president—and he wasn’t JFK.