- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
- The Cardiff Giant Fools the Nation, 145 Years Ago
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Herbert Hoover
- Archaeologists Unearth Giant Sphinx—in California
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The Charge of the Light Brigade, 160 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Welles scares nation, 1938
Orson Welles causes a nationwide panic with his broadcast of "War of the Worlds"—a realistic radio dramatization of a Martian invasion of Earth. Orson…
A newly discovered species of supersized ants roamed Wyoming some 50 million years ago, according to a study published May 4.
A newly discovered fossil of an early mammal offers proof for the widely held belief that mammalian ears evolved from reptilian jaws.
Zhuchengtyrannus magnus, one of the largest theropod dinosaurs in history and Tyrannosaurus rex’s long-lost relative, has been identified in China.
Many American cities are plagued by the worldwide resurgence of bed bugs, pesky critters with a history that dates back to ancient times.