- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Augustus
- 7 Fascinating Facts About the Panama Canal
- New Study Suggests Neanderthals and Humans Co-Existed for Millennia
- The British Burn Washington, D.C., 200 Years Ago
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- Evidence of Gruesome Ancient Ritual Unearthed in Denmark
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1967, Thurgood Marshall becomes the first African American to be confirmed as a Supreme Court justice. He would remain on the Supreme Court for 2…
A newly discovered species of supersized ants roamed Wyoming some 50 million years ago, according to a study published May 4.
A newly discovered fossil of an early mammal offers proof for the widely held belief that mammalian ears evolved from reptilian jaws.
Zhuchengtyrannus magnus, one of the largest theropod dinosaurs in history and Tyrannosaurus rex’s long-lost relative, has been identified in China.
Many American cities are plagued by the worldwide resurgence of bed bugs, pesky critters with a history that dates back to ancient times.