- Indonesian Cave Paintings May Be Among World’s Oldest Art
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The Black Sox Baseball Scandal, 95 Years Ago
- Iconic Waldorf Astoria Hotel Changes Hands
- The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1959, on New York City's Fifth Avenue, thousands of people line up outside a bizarrely shaped white concrete building that resembled a giant…
A newly discovered species of supersized ants roamed Wyoming some 50 million years ago, according to a study published May 4.
A newly discovered fossil of an early mammal offers proof for the widely held belief that mammalian ears evolved from reptilian jaws.
Zhuchengtyrannus magnus, one of the largest theropod dinosaurs in history and Tyrannosaurus rex’s long-lost relative, has been identified in China.
Many American cities are plagued by the worldwide resurgence of bed bugs, pesky critters with a history that dates back to ancient times.