- 10 Things You May Not Know About Martin Luther King Jr.
- Contents of Boston Time Capsule Buried by Samuel Adams and Paul Revere Unveiled
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- 10 Things You Should Know About Prohibition
- Searching for Genghis Khan
- The Fall of Fort Fisher, 150 Years Ago
- 6 Myths About the Battle of New Orleans
- Scientists Identify Scottish Fossil as Jurassic-Age “Marine Lizard”
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Gandhi assassinated, 1948
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, the political and spiritual leader of the Indian independence movement, is assassinated in New Delhi by a Hindu fanatic. Born the so…
Explore 10 surprising facts about the legendary New York landmark that yesterday sold for $1.95 billion to a Chinese insurance company.
By analyzing concrete used to build 2,000-year-old Roman structures, a team of scientists may have found a longer-lasting, greener alternative to modern cement.
With the Freedom Tower poised to become New York’s tallest building, find out about other structures that have held that distinction over the years.
With the announcement of a $1 billion public stock offering, it will soon be possible to own a piece of one of the world’s most iconic buildings.
The Pantheon’s roof opening may have shed light on the building’s entryway on important days of the year, a new study suggests.