- Baby Found Hidden in Coffin of Mummified Swedish Bishop
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 8 Things You Should Know About Checkpoint Charlie
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Queen Victoria
- Who was Stand Watie?
- 1,500 Years Later, Killer Animal Elevator Returns to Colosseum
This Day in History
Bikini introduced, 1946
On July 5, 1946, French designer Louis Reard unveils a daring two-piece swimsuit at the Piscine Molitor, a popular swimming pool in Paris. Parisian showgirl Mic…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
As the iconic Chicago ballpark celebrates its 100th birthday this week, explore some facts about its colorful history, and that of four other iconic sports venues.
Get the facts on the history of March Madness, the single-elimination college basketball tournament that many consider the best event in sports.
Fifty years ago today, basketball Hall of Famer Wilt Chamberlain achieved one of the most incredible feats in sports history: scoring 100 points in a single NBA game.