- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
- Archaeologists Unearth Giant Sphinx—in California
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Herbert Hoover
- The Cardiff Giant Fools the Nation, 145 Years Ago
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- The Charge of the Light Brigade, 160 Years Ago
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
The ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Rome, one of Italian artist Michelangelo's finest works, is exhibited to the public for the first time. Michelangelo B…
As the iconic Chicago ballpark celebrates its 100th birthday this week, explore some facts about its colorful history, and that of four other iconic sports venues.
Get the facts on the history of March Madness, the single-elimination college basketball tournament that many consider the best event in sports.
Fifty years ago today, basketball Hall of Famer Wilt Chamberlain achieved one of the most incredible feats in sports history: scoring 100 points in a single NBA game.