- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Terra Cotta Army
- The Dark Side of the Grimm Fairy Tales
- Medieval “Black Death” Was Airborne, Scientists Say
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On April 19, 1897, John J. McDermott of New York won the first Boston Marathon with a time of 2:55:10. The Boston Marathon was the brainchild of Boston Athletic…
Find out about some of the weird and wacky ways people have attempted to curb or conceal their hair loss over the centuries.
The female pharaoh Hatshepsut might have accidentally poisoned herself with a carcinogenic skin treatment, according to a new study.