- 8 Forgotten Capitals of the United States
- Disneyland’s Disastrous Opening Day, 60 Years Ago
- Iron Age Graves in Britain Yield Hybrid Animals and Human Sacrifice
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Ulysses S. Grant
- The French Revolution: Fact or Fiction?
- Chicago’s Deadliest Day, 100 Years Ago
- The Original Wild West Showdown, 150 Years Ago
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
This Day in History
On this day in 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson signs Medicare, a health insurance program for elderly Americans, into law. At the bill-signing ceremony, which…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
Find out about some of the weird and wacky ways people have attempted to curb or conceal their hair loss over the centuries.
The female pharaoh Hatshepsut might have accidentally poisoned herself with a carcinogenic skin treatment, according to a new study.