- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Queen Victoria
- Baby Found Hidden in Coffin of Mummified Swedish Bishop
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 7 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of Waterloo
- 8 Things You Should Know About Checkpoint Charlie
- 1,500 Years Later, Killer Animal Elevator Returns to Colosseum
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the War of 1812
This Day in History
On the third day of the Battle of Gettysburg, Confederate General Robert E. Lee’s last attempt at breaking the Union line ends in disastrous failure, bringing t…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
Category: Berlin Wall
Twenty-five years after its closing, explore eight facts about the Berlin border crossing that served as an iconic symbol of the Cold War.
On the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, learn 10 surprising facts about the iconic Cold War symbol.
President John F. Kennedy thrilled a huge West Berlin crowd 50 years ago by declaring, “Ich bin ein Berliner.”