- Disneyland’s Disastrous Opening Day, 60 Years Ago
- Iron Age Graves in Britain Yield Hybrid Animals and Human Sacrifice
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Ulysses S. Grant
- 8 Forgotten Capitals of the United States
- Chicago’s Deadliest Day, 100 Years Ago
- The Original Wild West Showdown, 150 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
This Day in History
Jimmy Hoffa disappears, 1975
On July 31, 1975, James Riddle Hoffa, one of the most influential American labor leaders of the 20th century, disappears in Detroit, Michigan, never to be heard…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
Category: Berlin Wall
Twenty-five years after its closing, explore eight facts about the Berlin border crossing that served as an iconic symbol of the Cold War.
On the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, learn 10 surprising facts about the iconic Cold War symbol.
President John F. Kennedy thrilled a huge West Berlin crowd 50 years ago by declaring, “Ich bin ein Berliner.”