- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- The Dark Side of the Grimm Fairy Tales
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Terra Cotta Army
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On April 20, 1980, the Castro regime announces that all Cubans wishing to emigrate to the U.S. are free to board boats at the port of Mariel west of Havana, lau…
More than 100 years after passenger pigeons disappeared from the wild, scientists believe they can recreate the species through a painstaking, controversial “de-extinction” process.
A new study of fossilized dinosaur eggs provides evidence of similarities between the nesting behaviors of dinosaurs and their closest living relatives – birds.
Researchers believe the very first birds inherited a four-wing configuration from their dinosaur ancestors.