- 8 Things You May Not Know About Memorial Day
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- Remembering New England’s “Dark Day”
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- Arlington National Cemetery: 8 Surprising Facts
- 9 Things You Should Know About the Wars of the Roses
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1961, the British newspaper The London Observer publishes British lawyer Peter Benenson’s article “The Forgotten Prisoners” on its front page, la…
Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day by meeting eight famous swashbucklers you wouldn’t want to cross.
On Wednesday, divers hauled an 8-foot-long, 2,000-pound cannon from the site where Queen Anne’s Revenge sank nearly 300 years ago.
A team in North Carolina is working to recover a 3,000-pound anchor from Blackbeard’s flagship, Queen Anne’s Revenge, which ran aground in 1718.