- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- The Real-Life Story Behind "Lone Survivor"
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Samuel Colt
- What If the Moon Landing Had Failed?
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1961, amusement park lovers "head for the thrills" as Six Flags Over Texas, the first park in the Six Flags chain, opens. Located on 21…
Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day by meeting eight famous swashbucklers you wouldn’t want to cross.
On Wednesday, divers hauled an 8-foot-long, 2,000-pound cannon from the site where Queen Anne’s Revenge sank nearly 300 years ago.
A team in North Carolina is working to recover a 3,000-pound anchor from Blackbeard’s flagship, Queen Anne’s Revenge, which ran aground in 1718.