- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Pilgrims
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Beyond Dallas: The Assassination’s Key Players After Nov. 22, 1963
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- A Calamity at Sea, 70 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1884, in Washington, D.C., workers place a nine-inch aluminum pyramid atop a tower of white marble, completing the construction of an impressive …
Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day by meeting eight famous swashbucklers you wouldn’t want to cross.
On Wednesday, divers hauled an 8-foot-long, 2,000-pound cannon from the site where Queen Anne’s Revenge sank nearly 300 years ago.
A team in North Carolina is working to recover a 3,000-pound anchor from Blackbeard’s flagship, Queen Anne’s Revenge, which ran aground in 1718.