- 8 Things You May Not Know About Augustus
- New Study Suggests Neanderthals and Humans Co-Existed for Millennia
- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- The British Burn Washington, D.C., 200 Years Ago
- 7 Fascinating Facts About the Panama Canal
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- The Royal Diet of Richard III Revealed
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1969, America's first automatic teller machine (ATM) makes its public debut, dispensing cash to customers at Chemical Bank in Rockville Cent…
On the 150th anniversary of Jacob Grimm’s death, explore six sinister themes in his work you likely wouldn’t find in a modern-day children’s story.
Find out about David Talbot’s new book, which focuses on San Francisco between 1967 and 1982, and enter for a chance to win a copy.
The testimony of witnesses who survived Titanic’s demise is presented in a new book by writer Nic Compton.
How can you connect Titanic with Marilyn Monroe, the mayor of New York and Chelsea Clinton’s wedding? Author Hugh Brewster fills us in.