- Iron Age Graves in Britain Yield Hybrid Animals and Human Sacrifice
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Ulysses S. Grant
- Chicago’s Deadliest Day, 100 Years Ago
- Disneyland’s Disastrous Opening Day, 60 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
- The Original Wild West Showdown, 150 Years Ago
- 8 Forgotten Capitals of the United States
- The Day Dylan Went Electric
This Day in History
On this day in 1961, amusement park lovers “head for the thrills” as Six Flags Over Texas, the first park in the Six Flags chain, opens. Located on 212 acres in…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
On the 560th anniversary of its publication, explore seven fascinating facts about one of the rarest and most influential books in world history.
On the 150th anniversary of Jacob Grimm’s death, explore six sinister themes in his work you likely wouldn’t find in a modern-day children’s story.
Find out about David Talbot’s new book, which focuses on San Francisco between 1967 and 1982, and enter for a chance to win a copy.
The testimony of witnesses who survived Titanic’s demise is presented in a new book by writer Nic Compton.
How can you connect Titanic with Marilyn Monroe, the mayor of New York and Chelsea Clinton’s wedding? Author Hugh Brewster fills us in.