- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Vast Underground City Found in Turkey May Be One of the World’s Largest
- Researchers Use Medieval Remedy to Kill Modern Superbug
- Ottoman “War Camel” Skeleton Found in Austrian Basement
- What Lincoln Said in His Final Speech
- Forty-Five Years Ago, Apollo 13 Launches
- Nixon’s “Western White House” Listed for $75 Million
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
At 5:13 a.m., an earthquake estimated at close to 8.0 on the Richter scale strikes San Francisco, California, killing hundreds of people as it topples numerous …
On the 560th anniversary of its publication, explore seven fascinating facts about one of the rarest and most influential books in world history.
On the 150th anniversary of Jacob Grimm’s death, explore six sinister themes in his work you likely wouldn’t find in a modern-day children’s story.
Find out about David Talbot’s new book, which focuses on San Francisco between 1967 and 1982, and enter for a chance to win a copy.
The testimony of witnesses who survived Titanic’s demise is presented in a new book by writer Nic Compton.
How can you connect Titanic with Marilyn Monroe, the mayor of New York and Chelsea Clinton’s wedding? Author Hugh Brewster fills us in.