- Chemist Solves Lincoln Funeral Train Mystery
- Lost World War II Bomber Crew Found After 69 Years
- Why the Founder of Mother's Day Turned Against It
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- One World Trade Center Reaches Historic Heights
- Has Jimmy Hoffa Finally Been Found?
- Hanging Gardens Existed, but not in Babylon
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Meet Rollo, a natural-born fighter forced to live in his brother's shadow.
More than 2.5 million rivets hold together this Paris landmark.
Check out some of Troy's most memorable moments from the swamp.
Explore 10 things you may not know about the annual basketball tournament.
This Day in History
A massive wagon train, made up of 1,000 settlers and 1,000 head of cattle, sets off down the Oregon Trail from Independence, Missouri. Known as the "Great …
On what would have been the publisher’s 150th birthday, here are eight things you should know about William Randolph Hearst.
On the 50th anniversary of the closing of America’s most infamous prison, explore 10 surprising facts about Alcatraz.
On the 165th anniversary of the discovery at Sutter’s Mill, check out 8 facts you may not know about the California Gold Rush.
A burglar who struck the Oakland Museum this week is the latest thief to target artifacts relating to California’s historic Gold Rush.
Find out about David Talbot’s new book, which focuses on San Francisco between 1967 and 1982, and enter for a chance to win a copy.
As San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge celebrates its 75th birthday, explore six surprising facts about this modern marvel of engineering.
Film studios Universal and Paramount started 100 years ago as insurgent “indies” challenging Thomas Edison’s powerful cartel.