- What If the Moon Landing Had Failed?
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- The Real-Life Story Behind "Lone Survivor"
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Samuel Colt
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson signs Medicare, a health insurance program for elderly Americans, into law. At the bill-signing ceremony, which…
On the 120th anniversary of the world’s first organized auto race, take a look back at the quirky history of early motoring.
The first car designed and built by Ferdinand Porsche—an electric vehicle from 1898—was recently uncovered in an Austrian garage after more than a century.
The wife of an automotive pioneer made history when she set out on the world’s first road trip.
On the 150th anniversary of automaker Henry Ford’s birth, look back at his annual camping trips with Thomas Edison and other American icons.
As millions of Americans hit the road for the holiday, take a look back at the first cross-country road trip in 1903.