- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About William Tecumseh Sherman
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Ellis Island
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Archaeologists Uncover 5,000-Year-Old Human Footprints in Denmark
- 9 Fascinating Facts About the Suez Canal
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Berlin Wall
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs a bill officially establishing the fourth Thursday in November as Thanksgiving Day. The tradition of celebrating the holid…
On the 120th anniversary of the world’s first organized auto race, take a look back at the quirky history of early motoring.
The first car designed and built by Ferdinand Porsche—an electric vehicle from 1898—was recently uncovered in an Austrian garage after more than a century.
The wife of an automotive pioneer made history when she set out on the world’s first road trip.
On the 150th anniversary of automaker Henry Ford’s birth, look back at his annual camping trips with Thomas Edison and other American icons.
As millions of Americans hit the road for the holiday, take a look back at the first cross-country road trip in 1903.