- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- New Richard III Mystery Comes to Light
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Ability to Digest Alcohol Played Key Role in Human Evolution
- One of Shakespeare’s Rare First Folios Discovered in French Library
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On December 18, 1620, the British ship Mayflower docked at modern-day Plymouth, Massachusetts, and its passengers prepared to begin their new settlement, Plymou…
On the 120th anniversary of the world’s first organized auto race, take a look back at the quirky history of early motoring.
The first car designed and built by Ferdinand Porsche—an electric vehicle from 1898—was recently uncovered in an Austrian garage after more than a century.
The wife of an automotive pioneer made history when she set out on the world’s first road trip.
On the 150th anniversary of automaker Henry Ford’s birth, look back at his annual camping trips with Thomas Edison and other American icons.
As millions of Americans hit the road for the holiday, take a look back at the first cross-country road trip in 1903.