- Baby Found Hidden in Coffin of Mummified Swedish Bishop
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Queen Victoria
- 8 Things You Should Know About Checkpoint Charlie
- Who was Stand Watie?
- 1,500 Years Later, Killer Animal Elevator Returns to Colosseum
This Day in History
Bikini introduced, 1946
On July 5, 1946, French designer Louis Reard unveils a daring two-piece swimsuit at the Piscine Molitor, a popular swimming pool in Paris. Parisian showgirl Mic…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
On the 120th anniversary of the world’s first organized auto race, take a look back at the quirky history of early motoring.
The first car designed and built by Ferdinand Porsche—an electric vehicle from 1898—was recently uncovered in an Austrian garage after more than a century.
The wife of an automotive pioneer made history when she set out on the world’s first road trip.
On the 150th anniversary of automaker Henry Ford’s birth, look back at his annual camping trips with Thomas Edison and other American icons.
As millions of Americans hit the road for the holiday, take a look back at the first cross-country road trip in 1903.