- Hanging Gardens Existed, but not in Babylon
- Lost World War II Bomber Crew Found After 69 Years
- Chemist Solves Lincoln Funeral Train Mystery
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Has Jimmy Hoffa Finally Been Found?
- Why the Founder of Mother's Day Turned Against It
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- One World Trade Center Reaches Historic Heights
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Meet Rollo, a natural-born fighter forced to live in his brother's shadow.
More than 2.5 million rivets hold together this Paris landmark.
Check out some of Troy's most memorable moments from the swamp.
Explore 10 things you may not know about the annual basketball tournament.
This Day in History
Star Wars opens, 1977
On this day in 1977, Memorial Day weekend opens with an intergalactic bang as the first of George Lucas' blockbuster Star Wars movies hits American theater…
A new study shows that agriculture may have emerged in southern China much earlier than previously thought.
As a new president takes power in China, get the facts on some of the country’s most influential past leaders.
Usher in the Year of the Snake with a detailed look at Chinese New Year.
Chinese officials recently announced plans to demolish one historic area of Beijing in order to re-create another.
A new study restores the Venetian explorer’s honor by offering evidence that he did indeed reach China and Mongolia.
Scientists in northern China are getting a rare glimpse into a prehistoric world, after discovering an ancient forest buried under a thick layer of volcanic ash near the Mongolian district of Wuda.
A look back at some pivotal moments in the complicated relationship between these two nations.
Find out about the history of fireworks, which will light up the skies across America this Independence Day.