- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- Has Captain Kidd’s Treasure Been Found?
- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- The Forgotten Story of America’s Titanic, 150 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1934, notorious criminals Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow are shot to death by Texas and Louisiana state police while driving a stolen car near Sa…
Category: Christopher Columbus
According to a new book, centuries-old maps may reveal that Marco Polo sailed to the New World 200 years before Christopher Columbus.
Archaeologists believe they have discovered the remains of the Santa Maria off the coast of Haiti.
On the 500th anniversary of his landing in Florida, find out how Ponce de León’s name became inextricably linked with the Fountain of Youth.
In honor of Columbus Day, check out 10 things you may not know about the explorer who sailed the ocean blue in 1492.
This week, as the world watches a true astronomical rarity–the first full lunar eclipse to coincide with a winter solstice since 1554–we take a look at legendary eclipses with undeniable historical significance.