- Indonesian Cave Paintings May Be Among World’s Oldest Art
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The Black Sox Baseball Scandal, 95 Years Ago
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On October 23, 2002, about 50 Chechen rebels storm a Moscow theater, taking up to 700 people hostage during a sold-out performance of a popular musical. The sec…
Category: Christopher Columbus
According to a new book, centuries-old maps may reveal that Marco Polo sailed to the New World 200 years before Christopher Columbus.
Archaeologists believe they have discovered the remains of the Santa Maria off the coast of Haiti.
On the 500th anniversary of his landing in Florida, find out how Ponce de León’s name became inextricably linked with the Fountain of Youth.
In honor of Columbus Day, check out 10 things you may not know about the explorer who sailed the ocean blue in 1492.
This week, as the world watches a true astronomical rarity–the first full lunar eclipse to coincide with a winter solstice since 1554–we take a look at legendary eclipses with undeniable historical significance.