- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- The Real-Life Story Behind "Lone Survivor"
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Babe Ruth
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Machu Picchu discovered, 1911
On July 24, 1911, American archeologist Hiram Bingham gets his first look at Machu Picchu, an ancient Inca settlement in Peru that is now one of the world'…
Category: Christopher Columbus
Archaeologists believe they have discovered the remains of the Santa Maria off the coast of Haiti.
On the 500th anniversary of his landing in Florida, find out how Ponce de León’s name became inextricably linked with the Fountain of Youth.
In honor of Columbus Day, check out 10 things you may not know about the explorer who sailed the ocean blue in 1492.
This week, as the world watches a true astronomical rarity–the first full lunar eclipse to coincide with a winter solstice since 1554–we take a look at legendary eclipses with undeniable historical significance.