- Chemist Solves Lincoln Funeral Train Mystery
- Lost World War II Bomber Crew Found After 69 Years
- Why the Founder of Mother's Day Turned Against It
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- One World Trade Center Reaches Historic Heights
- Has Jimmy Hoffa Finally Been Found?
- Hanging Gardens Existed, but not in Babylon
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Meet Rollo, a natural-born fighter forced to live in his brother's shadow.
More than 2.5 million rivets hold together this Paris landmark.
Check out some of Troy's most memorable moments from the swamp.
Explore 10 things you may not know about the annual basketball tournament.
This Day in History
A massive wagon train, made up of 1,000 settlers and 1,000 head of cattle, sets off down the Oregon Trail from Independence, Missouri. Known as the "Great …
Category: Christopher Columbus
On the 500th anniversary of his landing in Florida, find out how Ponce de León’s name became inextricably linked with the Fountain of Youth.
In honor of Columbus Day, check out 10 things you may not know about the explorer who sailed the ocean blue in 1492.
This week, as the world watches a true astronomical rarity–the first full lunar eclipse to coincide with a winter solstice since 1554–we take a look at legendary eclipses with undeniable historical significance.