- The Other Victims of the JFK Assassination
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Pilgrims
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Beyond Dallas: The Assassination’s Key Players After Nov. 22, 1963
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
At 2:10 p.m., five U.S. Navy Avenger torpedo-bombers comprising Flight 19 take off from the Ft. Lauderdale Naval Air Station in Florida on a routine three-hour …
Two hundred years ago, an assassin gunned down British Prime Minister Spencer Perceval inside the hallowed halls of Parliament.
Written in the 1920s and rediscovered in 2008, memoirs supposedly written by the real Jack the Ripper were published today.
Find out about Robert Moore, whose body was found near Buckingham Palace, and others with unhealthy royal fixations.
As historians claim that Butch Cassidy lived to a ripe old age, find out about other historical figures rumored to have survived long after their supposed deaths.
Find out about famous gangsters who became informants for the U.S. government, including the recently captured Whitey Bulger.
Al Capone’s gun will go up for auction next month, but a revolver that belonged the lesser-known gangster Cole Younger may fetch more money.
Who was Mary Surratt, an alleged collaborator in the plot to kill Abraham Lincoln and the inspiration behind the new movie “The Conspirator”?
A German sailor has been added to the growing list of suspects in the unsolved Jack the Ripper case.
We take a look at some of the most significant Mafia busts in the history of the organized crime network.