- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- Has Captain Kidd’s Treasure Been Found?
- The Rise and Fall of Smallpox
- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1934, notorious criminals Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow are shot to death by Texas and Louisiana state police while driving a stolen car near Sa…
Get the facts on the five D-Day beaches—code-named Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno and Sword—that the Allies invaded 70 years ago today.
In spite of the years of planning invested in D-Day, the invasion’s ultimate fate relied on an unlikely figure—a weatherman.
As the 70th anniversary of D-Day nears, learn about the sophisticated hoax that fooled the Nazis and laid the groundwork for the Normandy invasion.
Recent cases have highlighted the difficulties facing families of U.S. servicemen killed in World War II and buried as “unknowns” thousands of miles from home.