- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- Has Captain Kidd’s Treasure Been Found?
- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- The Rise and Fall of Smallpox
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
A massive wagon train, made up of 1,000 settlers and 1,000 head of cattle, sets off down the Oregon Trail from Independence, Missouri. Known as the “Great Emigr…
Category: Declaration of Independence
Two hundred forty years after a county in North Carolina supposedly announced its independence from Great Britain, take a look back at the murky history of 1775’s Mecklenburg Declaration.
A potential error in the official transcript of the Declaration of Independence may have led to a misunderstanding of the Founding Fathers’ intent.
As people across the United States celebrate the nation’s birthday, explore nine surprising facts about the founding document adopted on July 4, 1776.
British barristers and American attorneys debated whether the historic document amounted to treason.
Explore the history of the Declaration of Independence, which proclaimed America’s independence on July 4, 1776.