- The John Wilkes Booth Mummy That Toured America
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Lincoln Assassination
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Remembering Black Sunday, 80 Years Later
- Hunting Lincoln’s Killer
- Julius Caesar Suffered from Strokes, Not Epilepsy, New Study Says
- WWII Aircraft Carrier Used in Atomic Bomb Tests Found Intact on Sea Floor
- What Lincoln Said in His Final Speech
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 4977 B.C., the universe is created, according to German mathematician and astronomer Johannes Kepler, considered a founder of modern science. Kep…
Danish archeologists have found evidence that the bodies of a vanquished Iron Age army were ritualistically desecrated as part of a grisly religious sacrifice
Ongoing research on two 2,000-year-old corpses preserved in the peat bogs of Denmark reveals that they both traveled from elsewhere before their deaths.
Archaeologists have uncovered the remains of more than 200 warriors who were thrown into a Danish lake some 2,000 years ago.