- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- The Black Sox Baseball Scandal, 95 Years Ago
- Indonesian Cave Paintings May Be Among World’s Oldest Art
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1901, a 63-year-old schoolteacher named Annie Edson Taylor becomes the first person to take the plunge over Niagara Falls in a barrel. After her…
The recently discovered wreck of one of the ships from Sir John Franklin’s lost 1845 mission to the Arctic may be the key to a centuries-old mystery.
As the search for a missing Malaysian airliner continues, look back at six other times when passenger flights mysteriously vanished over water.
In the search for one of the most famous missing planes in history, all signs point to a tiny, remote island off the coast of Newfoundland.
Police searched outside a Michigan home today for the remains of labor leader Jimmy Hoffa, who vanished more than 37 years ago.
Explore famously doomed expeditions, including John Franklin’s Arctic voyage, which researchers recently attempted to demystify.
As historians claim that Butch Cassidy lived to a ripe old age, find out about other historical figures rumored to have survived long after their supposed deaths.
From Jimmy Hoffa to the settlers of the doomed Lost Colony, these chillingly inexplicable disappearances continue to befuddle scholars and pique the public’s curiosity.