- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Pilgrims
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 5 Facts About Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona
- Japanese Mega-Submarine From WWII Discovered off Hawaii
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1980, American oil tycoon Armand Hammer pays $5,126,000 at auction for a notebook containing writings by the legendary artist Leonardo da Vinci. …
Category: District of Columbia
Find out some fascinating facts about this American landmark, which opened to the public 125 years ago.
A Michigan congressman has become America’s longest-serving member of Congress.
Explore eight surprising facts about Arlington National Cemetery, which has been the focal point of national Memorial Day commemorations since 1868.
Beginning today, this year’s National Cherry Blossom Festival commemorates the 100th anniversary of the planting of Japanese cherry trees in Washington, D.C.
Last week’s White House shooting wasn’t the first time the executive mansion has come under fire.
The historic tree, located in Arlington National Cemetery, was uprooted last weekend by Hurricane Irene.
Check out images of the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial, which was unveiled this week on the National Mall.