- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- Indonesian Cave Paintings May Be Among World’s Oldest Art
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- Iconic Waldorf Astoria Hotel Changes Hands
- The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
- The Black Sox Baseball Scandal, 95 Years Ago
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On October 20, 1947, the notorious Red Scare kicks into high gear in Washington, as a Congressional committee begins investigating Communist influence in one of…
Get the facts about the modern version of the 19th century political party whose members included four U.S. presidents and a young Abe Lincoln.
On the 65th anniversary of one of the greatest upsets in American politics, get the story on President Harry Truman’s unexpected re-election victory over Thomas Dewey.
As 2012 comes to an end, explore some of the year’s stories, as covered by History in the Headlines.
As American electors gather to formally cast their votes for president, explore 9 things you may not know about the Electoral College.
As Americans vote for their next president, explore 10 memorable campaign slogans that have propelled candidates to the White House.
A former president, a current president, a future president and a Socialist Party candidate all sought the White House 100 years ago.
As the Republican and Democratic presidential candidates finally meet face to face, explore seven surprising facts about the history of presidential debates.
From surprise candidates to delegate fistfights, here are five things you may not know about the history of nominating conventions.