- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
- Archaeologists Unearth Giant Sphinx—in California
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Herbert Hoover
- The Cardiff Giant Fools the Nation, 145 Years Ago
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- The Charge of the Light Brigade, 160 Years Ago
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
The ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Rome, one of Italian artist Michelangelo's finest works, is exhibited to the public for the first time. Michelangelo B…
Get the facts about the modern version of the 19th century political party whose members included four U.S. presidents and a young Abe Lincoln.
On the 65th anniversary of one of the greatest upsets in American politics, get the story on President Harry Truman’s unexpected re-election victory over Thomas Dewey.
As 2012 comes to an end, explore some of the year’s stories, as covered by History in the Headlines.
As American electors gather to formally cast their votes for president, explore 9 things you may not know about the Electoral College.
As Americans vote for their next president, explore 10 memorable campaign slogans that have propelled candidates to the White House.
A former president, a current president, a future president and a Socialist Party candidate all sought the White House 100 years ago.
As the Republican and Democratic presidential candidates finally meet face to face, explore seven surprising facts about the history of presidential debates.
From surprise candidates to delegate fistfights, here are five things you may not know about the history of nominating conventions.