- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Ellis Island
- 9 Things You May Not Know About William Tecumseh Sherman
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Archaeologists Uncover 5,000-Year-Old Human Footprints in Denmark
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Berlin Wall
- 9 Fascinating Facts About the Suez Canal
- 151 Years Later, Gettysburg Hero Awarded Medal of Honor
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs a bill officially establishing the fourth Thursday in November as Thanksgiving Day. The tradition of celebrating the holid…
A new study concludes that the heat from Antarctic volcanoes helped many plants and bugs survive past ice ages.
Scientists are studying beaches dating to the mid-Pliocene era, some 3 million years ago, in order to predict how high sea levels might rise in the future.
For five days in December 1952, the Great Smog smothered London, wreaking havoc and killing thousands.
The concept of green living may be new, but humans have been reducing, reusing and recycling throughout history.