- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- The Real-Life Story Behind "Lone Survivor"
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Babe Ruth
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Machu Picchu discovered, 1911
On July 24, 1911, American archeologist Hiram Bingham gets his first look at Machu Picchu, an ancient Inca settlement in Peru that is now one of the world'…
A new study concludes that the heat from Antarctic volcanoes helped many plants and bugs survive past ice ages.
Scientists are studying beaches dating to the mid-Pliocene era, some 3 million years ago, in order to predict how high sea levels might rise in the future.
For five days in December 1952, the Great Smog smothered London, wreaking havoc and killing thousands.
The concept of green living may be new, but humans have been reducing, reusing and recycling throughout history.