- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Researchers Use Medieval Remedy to Kill Modern Superbug
- Vast Underground City Found in Turkey May Be One of the World’s Largest
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Ottoman “War Camel” Skeleton Found in Austrian Basement
- Bodies of Japanese WWII Soldiers Found in Island Caves
- What Lincoln Said in His Final Speech
- Forty-Five Years Ago, Apollo 13 Launches
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
With the world anxiously watching, Apollo 13, a U.S. lunar spacecraft that suffered a severe malfunction on its journey to the moon, safely returns to Earth. On…
A new study concludes that the heat from Antarctic volcanoes helped many plants and bugs survive past ice ages.
Scientists are studying beaches dating to the mid-Pliocene era, some 3 million years ago, in order to predict how high sea levels might rise in the future.
For five days in December 1952, the Great Smog smothered London, wreaking havoc and killing thousands.
The concept of green living may be new, but humans have been reducing, reusing and recycling throughout history.