- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Terra Cotta Army
- The Dark Side of the Grimm Fairy Tales
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On April 19, 1897, John J. McDermott of New York won the first Boston Marathon with a time of 2:55:10. The Boston Marathon was the brainchild of Boston Athletic…
A new study concludes that the heat from Antarctic volcanoes helped many plants and bugs survive past ice ages.
Scientists are studying beaches dating to the mid-Pliocene era, some 3 million years ago, in order to predict how high sea levels might rise in the future.
For five days in December 1952, the Great Smog smothered London, wreaking havoc and killing thousands.
The concept of green living may be new, but humans have been reducing, reusing and recycling throughout history.