- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Queen Victoria
- 7 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of Waterloo
- 1,500 Years Later, Killer Animal Elevator Returns to Colosseum
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the War of 1812
- Baby Found Hidden in Coffin of Mummified Swedish Bishop
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of Bunker Hill
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
This Day in History
Margaret Mitchell’s Gone with the Wind, one of the best-selling novels of all time and the basis for a blockbuster 1939 movie, is published on this day in 1936.…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
Check out seven facts about the legendary 19th-century feud between the Hatfield and McCoy families.
Marriages may be on the decline in the United States, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re becoming a thing of the past.
For Mother-in-Law Day on Sunday, appreciate your mother-in-law even more than usual by reading these tales.
This Father’s Day, we bring you five men who exemplify some of history’s finest parenting—along with five others you’ll be glad you never had to call Dad.