- New Study Reveals Source of Stonehenge Rocks
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Muhammad Ali
- Legendary Admiral’s WWII Diary To Be Released Online
- Mass Extinction Occurred Much Faster Than Previously Thought
- Scientists Confirm Crystal as Oldest Piece of Earth’s Crust
- The Hunley’s Daring Submarine Mission, 150 Years Ago
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- Scientists Probe Mystery Behind Chile’s Ancient Whale Graveyard
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Bayer patents aspirin, 1899
On this day in 1899, the Imperial Patent Office in Berlin registers Aspirin, the brand name for acetylsalicylic acid, on behalf of the German pharmaceutical com…
Check out seven facts about the legendary 19th-century feud between the Hatfield and McCoy families.
Marriages may be on the decline in the United States, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re becoming a thing of the past.
For Mother-in-Law Day on Sunday, appreciate your mother-in-law even more than usual by reading these tales.
This Father’s Day, we bring you five men who exemplify some of history’s finest parenting—along with five others you’ll be glad you never had to call Dad.