- 8 Things You May Not Know About Augustus
- New Study Suggests Neanderthals and Humans Co-Existed for Millennia
- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- The British Burn Washington, D.C., 200 Years Ago
- 7 Fascinating Facts About the Panama Canal
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- The Royal Diet of Richard III Revealed
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1969, America's first automatic teller machine (ATM) makes its public debut, dispensing cash to customers at Chemical Bank in Rockville Cent…
Check out seven facts about the legendary 19th-century feud between the Hatfield and McCoy families.
Marriages may be on the decline in the United States, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re becoming a thing of the past.
For Mother-in-Law Day on Sunday, appreciate your mother-in-law even more than usual by reading these tales.
This Father’s Day, we bring you five men who exemplify some of history’s finest parenting—along with five others you’ll be glad you never had to call Dad.