- CT Scan Reveals Mummified Monk Inside Ancient Buddha Statue
- The Battle of Iwo Jima Begins, 70 Years Ago
- First Viking Temple in 1,000 Years Coming to Iceland
- The Lincoln Memorial’s Bizarre Rejected Designs
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- 10 Top Draws of San Francisco’s 1915 World’s Fair
- The Miracle on Ice, 35 Years Ago
- Ancient Mortuary That Boiled, Defleshed Corpses Unearthed
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
Category: Franklin D. Roosevelt
A new book reveals that President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s role in winning World War II was much greater than previously thought.
On the 75th anniversary of its creation, take a look back at the history of the March of Dimes.
From Franklin’s brushes with death to Eleanor’s midnight ride with Amelia Earhart, here are 10 things you may not know about this presidential pair.
As Americans vote for their next president, explore 10 memorable campaign slogans that have propelled candidates to the White House.
From surprise candidates to delegate fistfights, here are five things you may not know about the history of nominating conventions.
This Presidents’ Day, check out the obstacles that five of our commanders-in-chief overcame on their way to the Oval Office.
In honor of Presidents’ Day, here’s a look at some unusual ways the commanders-in-chief have spent their special day.
For Mother-in-Law Day on Sunday, appreciate your mother-in-law even more than usual by reading these tales.
In July 1944, nine months before Franklin Roosevelt’s death, a doctor who had recently examined him wrote a memo warning that the president could not survive a fourth term in office.