- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1956, a baby gorilla named Colo enters the world at the Columbus Zoo in Ohio, becoming the first-ever gorilla born in captivity. Weighing in at a…
Category: French History
A Napoleon memorabilia auction this past weekend brought in $12.5 million and proved the enduring interest in the French emperor.
On Bastille Day, look back at the jailbreak that kick-started the French Revolution.
On the 200th anniversary of his first exile, discover six illuminating facts about the ostentatious French emperor.
On the 125th anniversary of the Eiffel Tower’s completion, explore 10 surprising facts about the Parisian icon.
An unpaid bakery debt launched the Pastry War between France and Mexico 175 years ago and ultimately cost General Santa Anna his leg.
On the 220th anniversary of Marie Antoinette’s execution, learn 10 surprising facts about the former queen of France.
As the world-famous museum turns 220 years old, here are some surprising facts about its long history.
Trace Napoleon’s route through Russia on the 200th anniversary of his disastrous invasion.