- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1956, a baby gorilla named Colo enters the world at the Columbus Zoo in Ohio, becoming the first-ever gorilla born in captivity. Weighing in at a…
Category: French Revolution
On Bastille Day, look back at the jailbreak that kick-started the French Revolution.
On the 200th anniversary of his first exile, discover six illuminating facts about the ostentatious French emperor.
On the 220th anniversary of Marie Antoinette’s execution, learn 10 surprising facts about the former queen of France.
Almost 40 years after it was first proposed, this week marked the opening of Four Freedoms Park, a new memorial honoring Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Nicolas-Jacques Pelletier became the first of thousands to be executed by the guillotine 220 years ago today.