- Baby Found Hidden in Coffin of Mummified Swedish Bishop
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 8 Things You Should Know About Checkpoint Charlie
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Queen Victoria
- Who was Stand Watie?
- Woman To Be Featured on Newly Redesigned $10 Bill, Treasury Announces
This Day in History
Bikini introduced, 1946
On July 5, 1946, French designer Louis Reard unveils a daring two-piece swimsuit at the Piscine Molitor, a popular swimming pool in Paris. Parisian showgirl Mic…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
The U.S.-Canada border wasn’t always so peaceful. On Canada Day, look back at seven times when the United States clashed violently with its northern neighbor.
On the 90th anniversary of its birth, get the facts on America’s most famous long-distance footpath.
A Belgian map collector has found what may be the oldest known globe to depict the New World, dating to the early 1500s and engraved on the shell of an ostrich egg.
Celebrate Texas Independence Day with a look at some of the state’s quirks.