- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
- The Cardiff Giant Fools the Nation, 145 Years Ago
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Herbert Hoover
- Archaeologists Unearth Giant Sphinx—in California
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The Charge of the Light Brigade, 160 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Welles scares nation, 1938
Orson Welles causes a nationwide panic with his broadcast of "War of the Worlds"—a realistic radio dramatization of a Martian invasion of Earth. Orson…
A Belgian map collector has found what may be the oldest known globe to depict the New World, dating to the early 1500s and engraved on the shell of an ostrich egg.
Celebrate Texas Independence Day with a look at some of the state’s quirks.