- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Queen Victoria
- 7 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of Waterloo
- 1,500 Years Later, Killer Animal Elevator Returns to Colosseum
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the War of 1812
- Baby Found Hidden in Coffin of Mummified Swedish Bishop
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of Bunker Hill
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
This Day in History
At midnight on July 1, 1997, Hong Kong reverts back to Chinese rule in a ceremony attended by British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Prince Charles of Wales, Chines…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
Category: George S. Patton
Seventy years after the start of Nazi Germany’s last gasp attack at the Battle of the Bulge, learn eight surprising facts about the fight Winston Churchill called “undoubtedly the greatest American battle” of World War II.
Learn 10 surprising facts about the outspoken American general who fought in both World Wars.