- CT Scan Reveals Mummified Monk Inside Ancient Buddha Statue
- The Battle of Iwo Jima Begins, 70 Years Ago
- First Viking Temple in 1,000 Years Coming to Iceland
- The Lincoln Memorial’s Bizarre Rejected Designs
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- The Miracle on Ice, 35 Years Ago
- 10 Top Draws of San Francisco’s 1915 World’s Fair
- Ancient Mortuary That Boiled, Defleshed Corpses Unearthed
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
A new cemetery in Russia will be the final resting place of 70,000 Wehrmacht soldiers killed on the Eastern Front.
Berlin’s triumphal arch has played witness to some of the most significant moments in modern history.
This week’s move marks the end of a financial arrangement meant to protect German interests at the height of the Cold War.
The ritual of the Olympic torch relay originated not in ancient Greece, but in Nazi Germany.