- 8 Things You May Not Know About Memorial Day
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- Remembering New England’s “Dark Day”
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- 9 Things You Should Know About the Wars of the Roses
- Arlington National Cemetery: 8 Surprising Facts
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
At 11:30 a.m. on May 29, 1953, Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay, a Sherpa of Nepal, become the first explorers to reach the summit of Mount Ever…
A new cemetery in Russia will be the final resting place of 70,000 Wehrmacht soldiers killed on the Eastern Front.
Berlin’s triumphal arch has played witness to some of the most significant moments in modern history.
This week’s move marks the end of a financial arrangement meant to protect German interests at the height of the Cold War.
The ritual of the Olympic torch relay originated not in ancient Greece, but in Nazi Germany.