- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Louis Zamperini
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On December 26, 1946, in Las Vegas, Nevada, mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel opens The Pink Flamingo Hotel & Casino at a total cost of $6 million. …
Archaeologists discovered a group of shackled skeletons in an ancient Roman burial ground in southwestern France, near the site of long-ago gladiatorial battles.
Undercover police clad in gladiator garb cracked down Wednesday on mock warriors who pose for tourist photos and have been accused of fraud.
Did a referee’s blown call cost a Roman gladiator his life some 1,800 years ago?
For the first time ever, visitors to Rome’s Colosseum will get the chance to explore the ancient amphitheater’s basement.