- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Ellis Island
- 9 Things You May Not Know About William Tecumseh Sherman
- 151 Years Later, Gettysburg Hero Awarded Medal of Honor
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Berlin Wall
- Archaeologists Uncover 5,000-Year-Old Human Footprints in Denmark
- Lincoln’s Hard-Fought Civil War Re-Election, 150 Years Ago
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On November 23, 1936, the first issue of the pictorial magazine Life is published, featuring a cover photo of the Fort Peck Dam by Margaret Bourke-White. Life a…
Undercover police clad in gladiator garb cracked down Wednesday on mock warriors who pose for tourist photos and have been accused of fraud.
Did a referee’s blown call cost a Roman gladiator his life some 1,800 years ago?
For the first time ever, visitors to Rome’s Colosseum will get the chance to explore the ancient amphitheater’s basement.