- The Lincoln Memorial’s Bizarre Rejected Designs
- Magna Carta Worth $15 Million Found in Archived Scrapbook
- Oldest Surviving USS Arizona Crewman Dies at 100
- Mandela Becomes a Free Man, 25 Years Ago
- 6 Surprising Facts About St. Valentine
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- First Viking Temple in 1,000 Years Coming to Iceland
- Notes by Alan Turing’s Team Found in the Walls of Code-Breaking Hut
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in history, two national parks were established in the United States 10 years apart--the Grand Canyon in 1919 and the Grand Tetons in 1929. Located …
Archaeologists discovered a group of shackled skeletons in an ancient Roman burial ground in southwestern France, near the site of long-ago gladiatorial battles.
Undercover police clad in gladiator garb cracked down Wednesday on mock warriors who pose for tourist photos and have been accused of fraud.
Did a referee’s blown call cost a Roman gladiator his life some 1,800 years ago?
For the first time ever, visitors to Rome’s Colosseum will get the chance to explore the ancient amphitheater’s basement.