- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Researchers Use Medieval Remedy to Kill Modern Superbug
- Vast Underground City Found in Turkey May Be One of the World’s Largest
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Ottoman “War Camel” Skeleton Found in Austrian Basement
- What Lincoln Said in His Final Speech
- Bodies of Japanese WWII Soldiers Found in Island Caves
- Forty-Five Years Ago, Apollo 13 Launches
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
At 5:13 a.m., an earthquake estimated at close to 8.0 on the Richter scale strikes San Francisco, California, killing hundreds of people as it topples numerous …
Archaeologists discovered a group of shackled skeletons in an ancient Roman burial ground in southwestern France, near the site of long-ago gladiatorial battles.
Undercover police clad in gladiator garb cracked down Wednesday on mock warriors who pose for tourist photos and have been accused of fraud.
Did a referee’s blown call cost a Roman gladiator his life some 1,800 years ago?
For the first time ever, visitors to Rome’s Colosseum will get the chance to explore the ancient amphitheater’s basement.