- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Queen Victoria
- Baby Found Hidden in Coffin of Mummified Swedish Bishop
- 7 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of Waterloo
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 1,500 Years Later, Killer Animal Elevator Returns to Colosseum
- 8 Things You Should Know About Checkpoint Charlie
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the War of 1812
This Day in History
On this day in 1964, U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson signs into law the historic Civil Rights Act in a nationally televised ceremony at the White House. In the…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
Category: Great Depression
The Dust Bowl’s worst storm blotted out the sun and terrified the Great Plains’ already struggling population.
After becoming history’s most famous child movie star during the Depression era, Shirley Temple Black (1928-2014) reinvented herself as an accomplished diplomat.
As the United States experiences its worst dry spell in 50 years, explore 10 surprising facts about its most epic drought disaster—the Dust Bowl.