- 10 Things You May Not Know About Martin Luther King Jr.
- Contents of Boston Time Capsule Buried by Samuel Adams and Paul Revere Unveiled
- 10 Things You Should Know About Prohibition
- Searching for Genghis Khan
- Scientists Identify Scottish Fossil as Jurassic-Age “Marine Lizard”
- 6 Myths About the Battle of New Orleans
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- Two Tuskegee Airmen Die on Same Day in Los Angeles
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On January 27, 1888, the National Geographic Society is founded in Washington, D.C., for "the increase and diffusion of geographical knowledge." The 3…
Category: Great Depression
After becoming history’s most famous child movie star during the Depression era, Shirley Temple Black (1928-2014) reinvented herself as an accomplished diplomat.
As the United States experiences its worst dry spell in 50 years, explore 10 surprising facts about its most epic drought disaster—the Dust Bowl.