- 8 Things You May Not Know About Memorial Day
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- Remembering New England’s “Dark Day”
- Arlington National Cemetery: 8 Surprising Facts
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
The first copies of the classic vampire novel Dracula, by Irish writer Bram Stoker, appear in London bookshops on this day in 1897. A childhood invalid, Stoker …
Category: Great Depression
The Dust Bowl’s worst storm blotted out the sun and terrified the Great Plains’ already struggling population.
After becoming history’s most famous child movie star during the Depression era, Shirley Temple Black (1928-2014) reinvented herself as an accomplished diplomat.
As the United States experiences its worst dry spell in 50 years, explore 10 surprising facts about its most epic drought disaster—the Dust Bowl.