- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- The Last Hours of the Nixon Presidency, 40 Years Ago
- 7 Fascinating Facts About the Panama Canal
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Alfred Hitchcock
- Evidence of Gruesome Ancient Ritual Unearthed in Denmark
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- The Twin Towers High-Wire Walk, 40 Years Ago
- The Battle of Mobile Bay, 150 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1902, pioneering cookbook author Fannie Farmer, who changed the way Americans prepare food by advocating the use of standardized measurements in …
Category: Great Depression
After becoming history’s most famous child movie star during the Depression era, Shirley Temple Black (1928-2014) reinvented herself as an accomplished diplomat.
As the United States experiences its worst dry spell in 50 years, explore 10 surprising facts about its most epic drought disaster—the Dust Bowl.