- Lost World War II Bomber Crew Found After 69 Years
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- History’s Most Famous Literary Hoaxes
- Has Jimmy Hoffa Finally Been Found?
- Chemist Solves Lincoln Funeral Train Mystery
- Evidence of Cannibalism Found at Jamestown
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- Why the Founder of Mother's Day Turned Against It
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Meet Rollo, a natural-born fighter forced to live in his brother's shadow.
More than 2.5 million rivets hold together this Paris landmark.
Check out some of Troy's most memorable moments from the swamp.
Explore 10 things you may not know about the annual basketball tournament.
This Day in History
Pope John Paul II born, 1920
On May 18, 1920, Karol Jozef Wojtyla is born in the Polish town of Wadowice, 35 miles southwest of Krakow. Wojtyla went on to become Pope John Paul II, history…
Category: Great Depression
As the United States experiences its worst dry spell in 50 years, explore 10 surprising facts about its most epic drought disaster—the Dust Bowl.