- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- Has Captain Kidd’s Treasure Been Found?
- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- The Forgotten Story of America’s Titanic, 150 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1934, notorious criminals Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow are shot to death by Texas and Louisiana state police while driving a stolen car near Sa…
Category: Harry Truman
On the 65th anniversary of one of the greatest upsets in American politics, get the story on President Harry Truman’s unexpected re-election victory over Thomas Dewey.
As we commemorate its 68th anniversary, check out some surprising facts about how the world reacted to Victory in Europe.
As people around the globe celebrate World Handshake Day, explore eight of history’s most famous handshakes.
New letters reveal that Nixon was as eloquent an admirer as several other famously smitten presidents.
In honor of Presidents’ Day, here’s a look at some unusual ways the commanders-in-chief have spent their special day.
In July 1944, nine months before Franklin Roosevelt’s death, a doctor who had recently examined him wrote a memo warning that the president could not survive a fourth term in office.
In the wake of General Stanley McChrystal’s dismissal, comparisons have been made to Truman’s 1951 removal of Gen. MacArthur as commander of U.S. forces in Korea.