- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Pilgrims
- The Other Victims of the JFK Assassination
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Beyond Dallas: The Assassination’s Key Players After Nov. 22, 1963
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1991, Islamic militants in Lebanon release kidnapped American journalist Terry Anderson after 2,454 days in captivity. As chief Middle East corre…
Category: Harry Truman
On the 65th anniversary of one of the greatest upsets in American politics, get the story on President Harry Truman’s unexpected re-election victory over Thomas Dewey.
As we commemorate its 68th anniversary, check out some surprising facts about how the world reacted to Victory in Europe.
As people around the globe celebrate World Handshake Day, explore eight of history’s most famous handshakes.
New letters reveal that Nixon was as eloquent an admirer as several other famously smitten presidents.
In honor of Presidents’ Day, here’s a look at some unusual ways the commanders-in-chief have spent their special day.
In July 1944, nine months before Franklin Roosevelt’s death, a doctor who had recently examined him wrote a memo warning that the president could not survive a fourth term in office.
In the wake of General Stanley McChrystal’s dismissal, comparisons have been made to Truman’s 1951 removal of Gen. MacArthur as commander of U.S. forces in Korea.