- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Samuel Colt
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- The Real-Life Story Behind "Lone Survivor"
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- What If the Moon Landing Had Failed?
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson signs Medicare, a health insurance program for elderly Americans, into law. At the bill-signing ceremony, which…
Category: Historic Preservation
A United Nations agreement will soon be extended to safeguard the underwater remains of hundreds of ships sunk during World War I.
Six countries are lobbying the United Nations to grant protected status to the Qhapaq Ñan, a 3,000-year-old road that runs down the Pacific coast of South America.
Chinese officials recently announced plans to demolish one historic area of Beijing in order to re-create another.