- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Memorial Day
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- Has Captain Kidd’s Treasure Been Found?
- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Star Wars opens, 1977
On this day in 1977, Memorial Day weekend opens with an intergalactic bang as the first of George Lucas’ blockbuster Star Wars movies hits American theaters. Th…
In 1869, trickster George Hull masterminded one of the 19th century’s most sensational hoaxes: the discovery of a 10-foot-tall giant.
On the 75th anniversary of the Orson Welles radio drama “The War of the Worlds,” look back at the most famous broadcast in radio history.
Thirty years after the Hitler Diaries were exposed as a fraud, here’s a look back at some of history’s other famous fictions.
From spaghetti trees to a Nixon comeback, check out some of history’s most elaborate April Fools’ Day pranks.