- 10 Things You May Not Know About Martin Luther King Jr.
- Contents of Boston Time Capsule Buried by Samuel Adams and Paul Revere Unveiled
- 10 Things You Should Know About Prohibition
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- Searching for Genghis Khan
- Scientists Identify Scottish Fossil as Jurassic-Age “Marine Lizard”
- 6 Myths About the Battle of New Orleans
- The Fall of Fort Fisher, 150 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Challenger explodes, 1986
At 11:38 a.m. EST, on January 28, 1986, the space shuttle Challenger lifts off from Cape Canaveral, Florida, and Christa McAuliffe is on her way to becoming the…
California archaeologists have unearthed a piece of Hollywood history—a plaster sphinx from the 1923 Cecil B. DeMille epic “The Ten Commandments.”
Ninety years after the Hollywood sign went up, explore some surprising facts about this famed symbol of the U.S. movie industry.