- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
- New Richard III Mystery Comes to Light
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Ability to Digest Alcohol Played Key Role in Human Evolution
- One of Shakespeare’s Rare First Folios Discovered in French Library
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On December 18, 1620, the British ship Mayflower docked at modern-day Plymouth, Massachusetts, and its passengers prepared to begin their new settlement, Plymou…
On the 75th anniversary of the “night of broken glass,” look back at the Nazi pogrom that foreshadowed the Holocaust.
Seventy years after its defeat, find out more about the largest, armed Jewish resistance movement of World War II.
Adolf Hitler may have had Jewish and African ancestors, according to a recent DNA study by Belgian researchers.