- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- New Richard III Mystery Comes to Light
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Ability to Digest Alcohol Played Key Role in Human Evolution
- One of Shakespeare’s Rare First Folios Discovered in French Library
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On December 18, 1620, the British ship Mayflower docked at modern-day Plymouth, Massachusetts, and its passengers prepared to begin their new settlement, Plymou…
After a decade-long effort, an international team of scientists has cracked the genetic code of the tsetse fly, the bloodsucking insect that spreads African sleeping sickness.
Already infamous for its cockroaches, New York City now has a newcomer with which to contend.
Brood II is no horror movie sequel. It’s one of nature’s greatest spectacles, coming to the East Coast this month.